Development project portfolio (PDF)
Software Engineering Manager
Realpage | May 2013 to Present
- Manage a team of developers responsible for custom website development on Realpage's websites platform that hosts 10,000 rental property websites
- Build and support SaaS web application architectures across multiple web properties on .NET, Ruby, Node, and Scala technology stacks
- Engineering Lead on www.mynewplace.com project to design and develop a new lead generation form for rental properties, a key source of revenue for the site.
- Front-end Engineering Lead on www.mynewplace.com project to update the site's search architecture
- Design and build automated deployment pipeline for new B2B marketing and leasing software tools
- Collaborate with Design team on company wide initiatives to increase adoption of latest UI design and development best practices
Senior Front-end Software Engineer
Sittercity | April 2011 to May 2013
- Build foundation architecture and website for new mobile product offering in ruby utilizing the Sinatra/Padrino framework. Work with software engineers to integrate a REST API client into the site. Setup build pipelines for automated testing, CDN deployment, and application deployment.
- Develop cascading view styling framework in Obj-C for new iOS product offering. The styling framework allows software engineers to easily and consistently apply new styles across all interfaces in the iOS App.
- Work across 3 different teams to develop responsive registration flows for 3 different products and 3 different payment gateways all within a single month.
- Work closely with marketing and product teams to design and program complex A/B tests for key landing pages and registration flows to increase visitor conversion rates.
- Lead efforts to create new brand identities for multiple products, develop site style guidelines, and implement the new styles across multiple platforms
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams on formulating solid user requirements for sprint planning sessions that deliver business value to the organization and its users.
Senior Front-end Developer, Project Manager
Tecture | April 2010 to April 2011
- Write proposals and manage projects that include e-commerce site design, medical web form apps, and SEO site enhancements
- Collaborate with Tecture designers and developers on the redesign of the Smith Optics and Edward Don e-commerce website
- Mentor and support junior staff, consult with Tecture partners on project strategies, manage client relationships and communications
Art Director, Senior Web Developer
- Work with NCSA Public Affairs to plan and execute web and print projects for NCSA administration and nine research groups
- Hire, manage, and art direct undergraduate design interns working in-house and design agencies working on outsourced projects
- Design signage and layout, manage production, and oversee installation of 40' x 40' NCSA trade show booth
- Design, art direct, and manage production of ACCESS magazine — 32 page triannual publication featuring NCSA science articles
- Manage NCSA's branding and identity standards internally with NCSA employees and externally with University of Illinois' Public Affairs
- Managed redesign of NCSA website — information architecture, visual design, and user experience design
Principal, Web Developer, Graphic Designer
Blake Harvey Design | 2001 to 2012
- Design print collateral, websites, logos, identities, and environmental graphics for business clients in east-central Illinois and Chicago
- Provide clients with hosting development services for websites, email, and content management systems
Web Developer, Graphic Designer
- Managed the redesign of the Center's website — responsible for project management, visual design, information architecture, and front-end web development
- Work with copywriters and programmers to design websites, brochures, posters, and flyers for various ISTC departments
- Developed and designed marketing materials and signage for events, conferences, and workshops
School of Art + Design, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design | May 2002
Coursework included visual organization and communication, typography, web/multimedia design and development, and design methodology.
Skills & Expertise
Languages / Tools
- HTML5 / CSS3
Frameworks / Libraries
- Sinatra / Padrino
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deployment
- Agile Methodology
Urasenke Japanese Tea Ceremony Study Group
Member of Chicago chapter | Spring 2010 to Present
Member of University of Illinois chapter | Fall 2005 to Spring 2010
U5-U6 Head Soccer Coach
Park District of Forest Park, Illnois | August 2014 to Present
Mighty-Tees Assistant Tee-ball Coach
Park District of Forest Park, Illnois | April 2014 to Present